Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 1997

Cory is 13 today! Wow! Where has the time gone? Thirteen years ago today I thought I knew what I was doing with my day. But Cory had other ideas.
It was a Saturday, and my mom had flown in the day before to be with me the final days before her first grandchild was born. We had prepared a long list of yard sales to go to, then maybe walk this baby out. Cory was due in July and Doc said that if he didn't make an appearance in a couple of days, he was going to induce me. I was walking and walking and walking, as that is what I was told would help.
I thought I would be wandering about town but Cory started letting me know he was ready around 5am. We headed to the hospital and he was born a little after 10 am. Our 8 pound little boy. I remember looking at him in wonder counting his little toes, and just being so thankful. I was a Mom! While that was overwhelming and exciting, I had no idea what I was in for. When the hospital said we could go home, I was concerned we would know enough to keep him alive! It was great having my mom there and then Sweeties parents came in and helped us make it though the first few weeks. I remember the first day Sweetie went to work and everyone was gone and I was alone with Cory. Wow. We learned together. We learned what the different sounds you made meant and what to do when you cried.  I learned all sorts of things that books don't cover being away from home and family. After awhile it was just second nature to tote him around and take him to church, the firestation, hockey games, and the beach. Each new day, it seemed he would discover something new. I tried real hard to capture as much as possible on film. To watch you discover new things and accomplish new feats..it was awesome...
It seemed like no time before you were ready to start your first day of kindergarten. Oh the time  has flown by. Its been fun to watch him grow. He loves music and currently plays violin, piano, and drums. He is now working on the electric guitar he got today!

No comments: