Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting my Rockucation on..Bring it!

While we have had Guitar Hero in our home for a couple of years now, I am just starting to get my feet wet. I enjoy watching Sweetie and the boys play. I have been able to blow it off until recently.
Our middleschooler asked me to play with him on Guitar Hero this week. To say that panic gripped me would be an understatement. I wasn't into much other than pinball as a kid, so now the idea of keeping up with those different colored dots as they race toward me is a stressful task at best.
I started my rockucation through the tutorial just last weekend. At various times throughout the week I have taken the time to finish and graduate from the famed rock school of Guitar Hero. I must say that I am by no means ready to Guitar battle.
Today I accomplished the YOU ROCK status on the songs, Rock You like a Hurricane, Slow Ride, Hit me with your best shot,and Rock and Roll all Night. This status means that I actually hit enough notes to be able to put my name in one of four slots on the main page. My rocker character; a gal with purple pigtails and a purple and pink outfit has actually made a little rock money. ha!
While I haven't advanced past the easy stage, Cory did sneak in a battle with me. He took me through an extrememly long, did I mention LONG song called Through the Fire and Flames. Apparently when you are in a battle neither of you can fail out. At the end of such a battle there is a percentage shown and he or she who has the highest score wins. I didn't. I did survive though, mostly by just hitting whatever color flew at me..I was actually proud of the 48% and 19 note streak I got on that one. That is an extremely complicated song.
Well, I must go as the extreme exhaustion of my fingers on my left hand are shaking from excessive use! Peace out!

No comments: