Monday, January 11, 2010

Love One Another

The boys only went to school two days last week. Tuesday and Wednesday. Whew! That is a lot of time at home after being out of school for 2 1/2 weeks for Christmas break.
Well, boredom set in. They have now learned that if I hear fighting and/or being ugly to one another in the other room, I will find something for them to do. Something not pleasant. Something where they would rather get along than do a chore or worse yet a chore together. Hmmm.
Their bedrooms were re-organized and de-cluttered before New Years. Then there was another general cleaning of their rooms post New Years. Get the drift?
Yesterday, after listening to a rather long disagreement between the two, I could hear it escalating into physical action being taken by both parties. (Himself was studying for a test with headphones on so he didn't hear.)
I have one of those fake trees in our dining room. There are a lot of leaves on that little tree. (insert evil grin) Guess who cleaned the dust of each and every leaf? Yep! Better yet? They did it together.
They both agree that if they are going to fight or be ugly with one another they had better at least get out of my line of vision or earshot.
We talked about healthy communication,but I felt that was lost in translation as B looks at C and said, " He understood what I meant". To top it off C agreed with him.
I think that there was a lesson learned by me also, and that being boys settle things differently than girls do.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Boys may settle things differently than girls... but Mama settles even more differently! LOVE the leaf polishing idea! One Dad always used on me was to dust the baseboards.