Tuesday, January 5, 2010

He knows what we need

Prayer over whether to lead another small group Bible study was choppy, at least on my part. Choppy meaning I prayed about it, I just didn't allow God's answer. I could hear Him. I filled in the silence with all the excuses as to why we couldn't add yet another social event to our weekly calendar. God was persistant and He knew I knew what needed to be done. Feeling very inadequate Sweetie and I began our singles group. We have a truly dedicated group of 20 somethings, some 30's,and a couple 40ishers.
Our first few meetings we had two. The Lord kept pushing. We grew, now we have a dedicated 8. There are 4-5 more that are on our list, that pop in as their schedules allow.
We wondered what this diverse group would want. This group is focused! These guys want meat! They want to dig into the word and grow. They are aware of the pains of growing and are willing to go the distance. They are already sharing goals and asking to be held accountable. The prayer and passion of these folks is truly amazing.
One of my goals this year is to spend more time listening. Listening to God and growing my prayer life. I have a prayer life, I just feel that it needs to be more. If I want a closer walk, I have to invest more time in that relationship.
God told us that this was needed, and that we would all grow from it. We weren't sure if the time was right. We listened, and are getting rewarded everytime we get or send a text message, read an email, or get a phone call from one of our precious singles. All these relationships would have been missed opportunities, real value missed in our lives. We now have more folks to connect with weekly, sometimes daily. God is so awesome! He knows what we need!

No comments: