Thursday, January 7, 2010

Love note in the Snow




Today we got some snow, I doubt more than an inch. But it has been a fun snow. The boys went and played with some friends down the street. They came back inside for lunch with rosey cheeks and snow covered mittens and boots! Both were clamoring for me to listen to their favorite "story" of what they had done so far.
Cory went first. He told me about snowball fights and how the kids were carrying snow from wherever they could find it to try and make a small snow wall to duck behind when the snow balls started flying again.
Brian, well, he told me of getting to experience a sled. How the first time he got on he rode face first, (yep, just like his dad!)and then he stood up and tried to surf the snow. He then added details to back up the rest of the snowball fight story his brother told. Good stuff!
With Chick fil A nuggets and hot cocoa in their tummies they headed back out into the snow. When Cory came in to warm up he asked me to come upstairs he had something to show me that I could see in his room.
I had laundry to take up anyway, so up I went. He brought me over to his window and pointed for me to look out. There was Brian smiling proudly! He scratched out a really big " I LOVE YOU MOM! " the length of the driveway. Awwww. Little man knows how to make me smile!

No comments: