Monday, November 3, 2008

Timing is Everything

The title of this days blog is one of my sweethearts favorite sayings. This is usually in reference to the art of driving. For our oldest son, in music - timing is everything. If our youngest son is overheard using it, it could be to prank his older brother or in scoring a soccer goal. Me? Depends.
For myself, today at least; it is in reference to God's timing. In Mark (Holy Bible) chapter 6 we find Jesus waiting until the "perfect time" to go out to the boat to save his disciples from the storm. He knew they were struggling, He didn't rush out to save them - He came to them in His time.
I took a step of faith in leaving my job when the economy is in recession and jobs are hard to find. What was I thinking? Have I found a job yet? No.
I will... in God's timing. The Bible is full of God's promises to take care of those that love Him. Is it a struggle? Yes. Especially when I get tempted to go back. Likewise, I'm commanded to have faith and trust God's "timing".
Matthew, Chapter 6, verse 34 " So, don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." NLT
Today I will have faith that He has not forgotten me, and He will come through according to His Perfect Timing for my life!

No comments: