Wednesday, May 26, 2010

School's Out!

As I type this there is one excited upcoming 5th grader and likewise 8th grader bouncing around the house. They are so glad that there is no homework in sight for weeks! Daydreaming, sleeping in, a little game/tv/computer time, and events with friends are foremost on their minds!
Today I've been asked twice if I'm ready for my schedule to slow down. What? Slow down? Not in this family! It isn't even Memorial Day yet and our calendar is filling up quickly! We have church and rec league camp dates, various cookouts, and swim parties filling in the blank calendar days of summer.
Does your social calendar gear up or down during the summer months?
As you can see in the above picture we picked strawberries again. This time however, I brought home more than I ever have before. Each box represents a "gallon" of strawberries based on weight. There were 8 in the trunk and two in the back seat. No, they aren't all for us.. just 6 of 'em! Teri got some (4) for me to make jelly for her sweet dad!
It was a great morning for Brian and I to pick. It was cloudy and we went early morning so we would hopefully miss the heat! We met our friends/adopted family (Deane and Teri) out there and so we were able to get in a quick visit while we all picked to our hearts content. Anyway, the strawberries were big and beautiful!  The biggest part of the job was to come when I came home.
Sweetie was so good as he patiently brought in box after box of strawberries. He even helped me with the process of turning it into strawberry jam! We worked until almost 6pm that night. Whew! Over a hundred jars were filled and are cooling in the freezer. I treasure this time of year as I have fond memories of helping my grandmother make her strawberry jam.

No comments: