Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Missing: One easy chair lever

Seriously.  I uploaded a picture of where there once was a handly lever that Sweetie would use to recline in his easy chair.  Today when he came home and after he had a good supper, he sat down in his chair to prepare for his "cyber chat" for an college internet class. Low and behold, when he reached for his trusty lever, it wasn't there. Yes, I smirked. My close friends and Sweetie tell me that I am not capable of hiding my feelings well on my face.
Sweetie proceeded to look around his chair in the hopes that maybe it was just knocked off. As you can see from the photo he has stacks of papers laid around HIS chair. Sigh. Looking around, under and through the papers there was no obvious tell tale lump.  He then gets up and stomps around the den area looking around other furniture.  "WHERE IS MY LEVER?"
Now my smirk is a giggle. For the dog and I are the only ones within earshot to perhaps rescue him from this situation. With a slight growl, Sweetie makes his way outside. Seconds later, I hear a sharp whistle. Brian is the first on scene. Starting with "It's not me." 
Sweetie:  "Where is the lever to my recliner?"
Brian:  "I touched it today."
Sweetie: " Did you take it off?"
Brian:  "No! Cory did!"
(brother is now thrown under the bus) Brian hastily makes an exit back outside. Taking this opportunity to run around with his buddies before I call him inside for homework.
Cory shows up on scene.
Sweetie: "Cory!"
Cory: "Dad!"
Sweetie: "Where is my lever?"
Cory: "Um."
Sweetie: "What did you do with my lever to my chair?"
Cory: loud SIGH..he stomps off into another room in the house, returning with said lever.
Sweetie: "Why did you do with the lever? I know why you did it, I want to know your answer.."
Cory: "um.. I was uh..messing around with it. I just took it off and just fiddled with it in my hands. Tossed it around I guess."
Sweetie: now smirking " Please leave my stuff alone."
Me?  I'm smiling from ear to ear.. just enjoying being the observer.
(Oh, Sweetie thought that Cory might have taken the lever just to keep Brian from being able to recline in the chair. This could still be the true reason it was missing.. or maybe not!)

Until next time.. please tune into the next episode of : Where's my?  Living life with two boys.

No comments: