Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pink Converse!

Look! Pink Converse Tennis shoes.

There is a story here.. My sweet Brian borrowed my orange and grey New Balance tennis shoes without asking, and ruined them. Needless to say, I was upset. I got our yard mowed and lots of weeding done before I could even say anything to him. He was informed that he would be buying me new tennis shoes.
Yesterday he suprised me by buying me some pink converse shoes! He even got the size right! No, they are not the same brand, and I may still end up buying some more New Balance shoes as I love their support, but his thoughtfulness was top notch!
He informed me that all the kids now are wearing these. I told him that I loved them and will wear them. When I was a kid I remember boys wearing them, AND THEY WERE BLACK!  I don't remember if girls did or not. Anyway, I wore my new pink converse tennies to drop Cory off and got a "sweet Mrs. Brenda!" from a couple of the girls. An "awesome" from Michael Bayne (middle school youth director) to which Brian received a high five for getting me awesome shoes. Oh and I'd better not forget the eye rolling and "yeah those are okay, for a girl" comments from a couple of Cory's friends!
Hey, I like my pink tennies! :)

1 comment:

Teri said...

At least you know he won't be borrowing this pair!! lol