Monday, May 17, 2010

Graduation Weekend

Wow! This year we have sent out 6 Graduation cards/presents! Seems we know lots of kids graduating high school! This past weekend was super busy! My cousin was graduating! We are so proud of her and her accomplishments! Seems like just yesterday she was asking Chad to pick her up and fly her around the room.
Her parents, my aunt and uncle made a video of her life thus far, and man.. has time flown by! I've been close to this precious girl since the day she was born! I just beamed all weekend!
One of the biggest blessings I received this besides spending time with her was.. getting to see another cousin of mine.  This cousin is a bull rider. On March 14th of this year he was injured by the bucking bronco he was riding. He broke some ribs and a blow to his jaw broke it in several places, his trachea was damaged and he had a concussion. Upon arrival to the hospital it was discovered the injury to his neck involved his main artery. There was 1% blood flow - he wasn't expected to make it. That phone call was a tough one to receive, as well as it was to place, I'm sure. Over the last few months there have been many prayers through the rodeo circuit and family and friends worldwide. Late April I got word that he was going home to recover and would finish out his senior year being home schooled. I wondered how he was progressing with therapy and healing. The answers I got were that he was doing remarkably well and that he was up and walking around again!  Friday,  I got to see the results first hand when he surprised me and several others. It was so great to see that 18 year old  tall, lanky cowboy stride over to the group with dark eyes bright with laughter and smile on his face. I'm thrilled to say that I got to hang out with him as he shared with me all the cards and well wishes he received from so many different countries! He had a map of the world where he colored in all the states and countries that he heard from. It was amazing! He too, will graduate next week and is ever anxious to ride again in June! (he too, sure has grown up from the little boy that toddled over to the ponies at the Clarksville Kiwana Rodeo.) He was to give his testimony at his home church Sunday evening to the youth group there. I got to hear snippets of it, and wow.. Let's just say we prayed that there would be some hearts touched. With that easy going personality and quick wit, I'm sure he had them eating out of the palm of his hand.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Yay about your cousin's recovery!! I've been meaning to ask about him again. He's definitely "cowboy tough". Bull riders certainly are a different breed...