Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wrought Iron Mirror Re-purposed into a Memo board!

Recently, Best Bud and I went to a city wide yard sale in Kentucky. The townspeople lined the streets selling all sorts of things from socks, to Tupperware, to old and non-used items. It was HOT. We utlilized the shade trees and stayed as hydrated as we could so we could visit as many yards as possible. We didn't pick up much this year, as quite honestly, there wasn't much there we wanted or needed. However, we did come away with a few things. One thing I came home with was this wrought iron frame. According to the owner it had once held a mirror, but once that broke, she decided she was finished with it. When I saw it, I thought 'project!'.  I've seen all sorts of things done with old frames, so I figured an old mirror would work too, right? One of the neat projects I had seen was to string wire from side to side and use it as a memo board.

I bought some wire and some cute little, and colorful clothes pins at Hobby Lobby, enlisted some help from Sweetie, and voila! I now have a really unique memo board that can hold all sorts of things from pictures, and tickets, to a recipe, ect.



Here is the finished project. Pretty neat, huh? I love it when I can get a project started and finished fairly close together! Now, to just get it hung so I can use it!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

that's so cool, brendita!!