Monday, July 11, 2011

American Pickers

American Pickers is a show that comes on the History Channel.  Sweetie, the boys, and I watch it weekly. If you haven't watched it before, its about two guys named Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz  who's base of operations is in Iowa.  The show follows them as they scour the country's junkyards, basements and barns for hidden gems. Basically, bringing little bits of history, out for us all to enjoy. They have all sorts of tips and recommendations for the beginner picker.  They will buy a rusty, broken down bicycle for $40.00, fix it up (although sometimes its better left alone), and re-sell it for $300!
A part of American Pickers has come to Nashville, TN. Mike Wolfe just opened a second store here! It's called Antique Archaeology. 1300 Clinton St., Suite 130(Marathon Village),Nashville, TN 37203. There are all sorts of things in there from the shows, although the folks working in there told me that they had lots more, just Nashville keeps buying everything they bring in!










Email: nashville@antiquearchaeology.com

Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10am – 6pm

Sun. 12pm – 5pm

  Mike is coming back to restock the store in the next two weeks, so be watching! I know I am! We plan on going back as I would love to see more things. Sweetie suprised me with this trip! Next time I plan on bringing Best bud too!

No comments: