Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekend with Preteens

Wow! With Mountain Dew surging through my veins, I am now awake and able to take on the avalanche of middleschool boys surging through our home. Usually by 10:30pm I'm snoozing my way into dreamland at a steady pace. Last night.. ha! Bible study didn't start until 11, so we had the 9 boys come in and drop their stuff. Then they were hungry and thirsty.. so yes, we went there. Then they jelled in devo time.. next activity? Outside! Yes, no matter that it is 36 degrees and 1240..its time to play outside. Armed with flashlights and jackets they decend upon the clubhouse and turn our quiet backyard into mayhem. (I warned the neighbors!)
Thanks to the cold they weren't out there long. Next comes a fooseball match. This lasted best out of three, then best out of nine.. can you see a pattern developing here?
1am. I'm feeling the tired. The kids are winding down, praise GOD! The leaders are actually more tired than the 6th graders! (leaders being my highschooler and college kid)By 1:30 the leaders were asleep, and the kids were just into the whispering/calling girlfriends, texting..listening to IPOD's.
Sweetie marches downstairs and tells them final lights out.
Somewhere around 2ish I fell asleep. 5:20 someone gets up to use the bathroom, so I'm awake. Its okay Ive got breakfast to make.
The kids are up and showered by 7am. Our fearless leaders are still in bed! ha! wow.
8 am we are eating our massive breakfast. 9am is small group time. What an awesome God time that was! These kids have no problem praying aloud or sharing.. it is something. Deep stuff was discussed in a mature manner. (could be my delerium)No, seriously they were great. They rolled up their bags, stacked them, helped clean up.. wow!
We had a moment for the kids to all gather around the piano and praise music just sounded up and down the street! GOOD STUFF!
Off to church we go for morning group...great speaker in from VA. Kids gel again and its pizza time! I counted 30ish pizzas! Our group hoovered 7..by themselves.
1pm we are heading back to the house for some group "manhunt" game..I don't know ask the boys. I have some awesome pics I will download.
Now I'm waiting on devotion time again and 2:30 we are taking the kids skating. This will last til5pm then back here for dinner. Plan is to grill out burgers and hotdogs. Ive got a lot of soda pop and chips and snack stuff for them to gorge themselves on!
That is the point in time.. Im in now.. so the rest for later!

No comments: