Monday, March 30, 2009

Girls day

Every once in awhile, I am able to get out with a friend or two and spend a good part of a day shopping. This is truly a treat as it doesn't happen often! I'm thinking somehow it should work out once a month for sure! Sweetie and my two boys aren't interested in shopping unless it involves a Best Buy!
My best bud and I hit the road mid morning and checked out a local Pregnancy center and looked around, took pictures and made notes as to what needed improvment around the building. This would be an awesome project for a group to complete for this privately run charity organization.
Just before lunchtime we hit the road. We went to a couple of "must stops" favorite shops ect. and stopped to eat lunch at the Loveless Cafe. Having never been, I was excited! Oh it was yummy. I got the special, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, with fried okra. MMMmmm. They brought some delightful flaky homemade biscuits to the table for us to eat on while we waited. All over the walls are pictures of by gone days, and several celebrities that have visited and left their pic with an autograph. What a wonderful time!I do hope to go back sometime, but was thrilled to mark it as one of the things off my bucket list! (a bucket list is a list of things/places you want to go before you die). We were able to go into a couple shops there, there were many more, but they weren't all open. Weird!
OH, funny thing. I was walking into one of the stores with my friend when a member of my small group hollered across the parking lot to me. Just knowing that there must be another person around with my name, I didn't turn around, but when I heard the more insistant tone in my name, I twisted around to see who it was. Fun stuff! See, this is why I can't ever sneak off, somehow I always manage to run into someone I know, no matter where I am! Funny stuff! It's even happened in my travels overseas.
Next on the agenda was a bridge she wanted me to see on the Nachez Trace. Since I've never been there either, it was fun! Big bridge! wow! The arches on it were neat. We took each others picture there while we were at it!
Onward to a couple more stores and we were finished. We really didn't buy that much. Less than $100, Sweetie was thrilled to see. For dinner, we splurged. We went to the Melting Pot. It is a fondue restaurant. I've never done that, either. How fun. Mind you, don't be in a rush! This is a 2.5 to 3 hour event. For the meat you cook your own food! Fun!
I'm already looking forward to whenever the next girls day comes around!

1 comment:

Emily Doss said...

Awesome- glad to hear a good review of the Loveless Cafe- we are actually planning on going there TONIGHT! Now I can't wait! :)