Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Varying Shades of Grey need to Go Away!

Looking out the window from my office chair, I see proof that there have been some nice days. Trees are budding! Yay! There are some really pretty colors going on out there. The color I'm trying to ignore is the grey.
Grey... Its not black, its not white.. its in between. If I step outside the door, it is 20ish degrees cooler than yesterday.
This weather is wonky. I feel for the flowering trees and bulbs that have been seduced into sprouting, just to be frozen tonight and tomorrow.
I was starting to feel as if I was sprouting also. A part of me comes alive when I can work outside, and feel the warmth of the sun on my face! I love it when the weather warms up. It gives me a chance to get my hands in the dirt again!
The weather, just like our lives, changes daily. How we roll with these changes says alot about our character.
Today reminds me to not only send up praise to God in the sunshine, but on the grey days also.
"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is Gods will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:18 NLT
Psalm 138:1-3
" I give you thanks O Lord, with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods. I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name. As soon as I pray, you answer me; and you encourage me by giving me strength. NLT

1 comment:

Teri said...

Actually, it was closer to 40* difference! The high yesterday was at midnight and was 70* (high Tues was 80). By daytime it had dropped to around 40 and hung there thru-out the day. ARGH!!