Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gone with the old - in with the new

Sweetie and I have recently joined the Apple iPhone generation. We have watched as many of our friends and family members have updated their phones over the years..Let me put it this way. I never even updated to a Blackberry. A phone that is just that a phone is fine for me..I don't need internet ect. Or do I?
But when the newest iPhones came out, we were interested.
Polling our friends and checking reviews, we finally took the plunge. Now we have this super amazing phone. This thing has all sorts of things my other phones never had. A person can work from home with one of these things.This updated phone makes sounds and things pop up on it all the time, I can't wait to understand this new language!
The boys laugh, and take great joy in introducing me to this 'creature'. (for those who know me..they know I approach change quite cautiously. Even avoiding it sometimes. Sweetie embraces change and loves to include me in on such changes much to his delight and my chagrin.

So far, my favorite part is SIRI  the part of the phone that in one wasy is a personal assistant. I can push a button and speak to her, she will send a text message for me, or put a reminder of a date and time on my calendar for me! It is great! I'm used to doing such tasks for other people all day long, it is a treat for 'her' to do that for me - and anyone else using the phone.
For now.. I'm excited.

No comments: