Thursday, December 29, 2011

Snowball 2011

Well...we are now moving into another category of parenting. The dating category.
Seriously, I should have known.... I mean the first day I took Cory to preschool a cute little girl with blonde pigtails came running up to him and planted a big kiss right on his lips! I left the room with her holding his hand showing him the toys! Wow!
Several years later, we now watch a handsome, unsure young man nervously asking his dad to help him tie his tie. His once, 'girls are gross' has been exchanged for, 'she's pretty hot!'  WHAT??
NOW he cares if he smells good, and does everything match! Hmmmph!
I was holding out for a picture, but Cory has yet to produce one of he and his date.  I hope by the time I publish this to have one, if I don't please understand we are dealing with the pendulum swing of teen emotions here, okay?
Seems his girlfriends dad decided to stay and supervise the dance, all night! Ha! As Cory put it, 'he is a tall man who had really big hands.'  He went on to tell us that the dad when he met him, told him he had trimmed his nails with his machete before coming to the dance. Ha!
A few nights later we were able to meet the parents of his date and we shared a laugh over the whole experience. We know this is but the beginning of many date stories, and we look forward to exchanging the same looks we remember our parents sharing with one another when we were dating!

1 comment:

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

I feel your pain! My oldest is 21 and when he started getting involved with girls, I was so stressed, but he was a kid who discussed everything with me and wanted my input.

My middle son is 17 and he's just now getting involved with his first girl...I'm twice as stressed. He's NOT a kid who wants to discuss it or have my input!

Sigh...why couldn't they still little!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time