Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Today I met Mayhem

Generally, I enjoy the Allstate commercials where the guy who plays Mayhem, creates all sorts of havoc, to which if you are a member of Allstate you are covered, when pick a disaster/accident happens. It's a good reminder that bad stuff just happens and it pays to be prepared, if at all possible!

The car in front of me this afternoon was carrying a Christmas tree on its roof. Problem was, it wasn't tied securely. It weaved back and forth, finally sliding off the back and bouncing into the road. I was lucky enough to be following this car and was able to get stopped so I didn't run off the road, or run over the tree. Pulling over with the distraught car driver, the driver behind me and I helped her carry the tree back to her car, and re-tied it securely this time. (I'm pretty sure with all the knots in the rope she will have to cut it off!)
Anyway, as we were trying to wrap the netting back around it, the part of the tree that was closest to me, popped out and smacked me HARD in  the face.
The lady looked at me and and grabbed some paper towels and handed them to me. The guy stopped and asked me if I felt okay and how many fingers was  he holding up.  I laughed and then felt it, blood running down  my face.
I knew my face hurt from the smack, but figured it was just red. The guy got in his car and left, while the lady and I drove back over to the doctor's office where I work. She came in with me as some of my medical friends attended to my face.
Bottom line, I have a scratched eyeball, some scratches and a small cut on my upper cheek, oh and quite the shiner!

2 comments:

Deane said...

Only YOU!!!!

Inkwell said...

I was trying to do a good deed..sigh!