Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Battery - Charleston Harbor



Ah! The Battery.  When Sweetie and I lived in NC, we would come to Charleston whenever we could. Once we brought Cory. (more about that in a later blog).
The huge battery surrounded by water holds many boats and a few cargo ships on the day we are visiting. Folks are milling around some having picnics, another a group of students on a field trip. Catching bits and pieces of the history lesson they were getting was informational.
It's hard for my mind not to wander when I'm in such a place. I believe if I lived closer I would use this as a place for inspiration - a place to write.
The grand trees with the ever present hanging mosses, the silent cannons, the statues of past leaders, history whispers to ya if you listen hard enough.


The boys enjoyed climbing trees, playing around the cannons, and were quite agreeable to allowing me to photograph them. This will truly be one of my favorite memories to look back on. Nothing electronic, just time spent together - laughing and playing. Sigh!


No comments: