Sunday, February 5, 2012

KAAAAA-BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!


Things are never boring at our house!  In preparing dinner one night this past week, I was interrupted by a LOUD BOOM!
Just knowing this involved one of the boys, I went looking. The eldest was on the computer looking as surprised as I was over the sound.
"Did you hear that?" he asked.
I nodded. Next question was, "Where is your brother?"
Said youngest was bumbling his way down the stairs.
"All I did was flush the toilet, I swear!"
Now that they were safe and alive, I just knew that meant the gas water heater had exploded. Since there was no water gushing down the stairs, and the toilet was intact, I headed to the garage.
Opening the door, we looked to the immediate left and were glad to see that the water heater was still intact! Pushing the button for the garage door to slowly crank open, we discovered the sound had garnered the attention of our neighbors.  The neighbor across the street at his mailbox, looking toward our house. When we locked eyes, he walked toward us as did a worker next door installing our other neighbors wood floors. We all discussed the big boom and what it could have been.
My youngest was the first to find the answer. On the floor next to my car was the carcass of an old basketball split in half!
This explains why it was so loud. The garage has great acoustics!
Between laughing about said explosion and the mystery being solved we all went our separate ways.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Ya know... maybe that check-in agent in Mexico knew what she was talking about with those soccer balls! "Go BOOM" LOL