Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crown Candy Kitchen

The Crown Candy Kitchen was one of the stops Best Bud said I would enjoy. WOW! She nailed it. That was the best chocolate malt I ever had.
If I ever get to bring Sweetie and the boys, two can share a malt or shake and have plenty!
The Crown Candy Kitchen was opened in 1913 and is still run by the same family today! Walking into the amazing on the corner, candy store, its like you stepped back in time.
The wooden whitewashed booths, and the Coca Cola collectibles and little jukeboxes on the tables, whisper of days gone by. There is a huge candy counter where they display all sorts of chocolates that are still made right there!
As I perused the selection, I knew to try to hold onto chocolate for the next couple of days without it melting would be quite the ordeal so I settled on bringing back to huge jawbreakers for the boys to enjoy. (Now that I'm home I checked out their website..We can't order chocolate until September due to the heat!)
If you would like to look them up check Crown Candy Kitchen out at: http://www.crowncandykitchen.net/

No comments: