Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring Arts and Craft show at Centennial Park

TACA (Tennessee Association of Craft Artists) hosted their 40th craft fair this weekend! For the last three years, a precious friend and I have made the short trip together down to Centennial Park. They charge no admission, and the parking is free. However, my friend and I donate every year! We look forward to this annual event with much anticipation.
For anyone who loves having all their senses stimulated.. this is the place for you! (Fall fair is September 23, 23, 24, and 25). Saturday it was raining some, but we weren't gonna let some steady sprinkles keep us away!
The first thing that we enjoyed were some baby geese with their mom walking along the stream. They were so cute! Centennial park is beautiful from the wildlife and the amazing parthenon, a big locomotive, and several walking/running trails. Eye popping color was everywhere, it was so pretty! Next thing I noticed was the wonderful smell of kettle corn. There were all sorts of vendors selling food, the tempting smells called to us through the who event.
Eye candy galore was everywhere you could see. The brightly colored booths offering all sorts of goodies lovingly made beckoned us for a closer look. I have a few favorites I enjoy visiting with each year. One of the artists weaves her own (very soft) wool hats and scarves. She has her loom on site and often you can "catch" a demonstration. She showed me a new technique she learned, and it was fun to be recognized by her.
Another friend of mine from highschool has a booth where she shows off the beautiful beads and jewelry she creates in her workshop in Cumberland City. Pottery, wood crafts, photography, stained glass, paintings, and creative metal yard art made out of all sorts of parts!
Below is a picture of a small piece of yard art I bought this year. (massive amounts of eye rolling by Sweetie)
I love it!
I was told this turtle is a birdfeeder. I love the fork feet and spoon head/tail! This creative artist also had a huge praying mantis that doubled as a hose reel! (If I could have photographed it I would). This gentleman is so talented. I wish I could share a website, but he isn't online yet!
We spent a few moments chatting about "being gone" when your creative juices are flowing. I understand. It is neat to share creative vibes with another artist. I so enjoy writing, and am exploring other outlets as well.
What do you like to create?

2 comments:

Emily Doss said...

I like to create scrapbook pages to remember special moments. It's been way too long since I've gotten into scrapbooking, but for me that's my creative outlet.

Inkwell said...

Emily! I miss you! I like to scrapbook also! I haven't in so long! I love all sorts of creative outlets. I wanna learn how to do stained glass and woodworking next