Friday, February 25, 2011

Barf Happens!

So here we are 2011, it's that time of year! What time is it? MERGE! Relevant Student Ministries of Grace Community Church, and ONECHURCH 6th grade through 12th get together every Wed. night at St. Bethlehem Christian Church and worship God. It is an amazing thing to watch the next generation, taking their relationship with Christ to a new level! Anyway, one of the activities they participate in every spring is called. MERGE. Each grade level is divided into boys and girls and each group stays in a different home, has Bible studies, gets together to worship, eat, ect.
We have been a host home for three years now. This year we are host to 8 sixth grade boys. Sixth graders are an amazing group of kids, they are still fresh from elementary and are just beginning to develop into teenagers.
So tonight at 830 we start praising God through song, then listen to Michael Bayne share scripture, then sing some more. What a treat! To watch, listen, and participate with teens that love the LORD, is just well AWESOME!
Once bags are in the trunk its time for transport to the host homes! yay! Heading down the road we chat with them about the sermon, the music, who's their favorite group, ect..and one of them, the one behind me starts coughing. I ask if all is well, "yes!" Okay..it wasn't.
Let me just share something with you. The sound of someone getting ready to launch their supper is universal. There is no mistaking that sound. That sound DEMANDS immediate attention. When you hear that sound, adrenaline kicks in, and you just jet. Not when you are in a car you don't. "Bbbbbaaaaaaaaaappp!" Warmth runs down the back of my neck, and my left arm, and the smell.
I'm driving so if I abandon the car, its not a good thing. Sweetie is in the passenger seat and whips around to see who is now laughing and feeling much better. I don't have to turn around. I know who it was. OH YEAH! I pulled over. Every second that passes the juices are sinking ever further into my seats, floorboards and my clothing. The boy? He is fine. He is cracking up. Sweetie is telling all the kids to get out, and for me to go on ahead. We aren't but just a few houses from ours, so I hurry home with the windows down, to see what I can get out of the car. Before I can pull away, I hear, "I only get sick when Im up past my bedtime." I laughed, yes I did..Oh MY; it is only the first night! Ya know, it can only get better from here, right?

8 comments:

Emily Doss said...

Oh my goodness!!! EWWWWW!

Teri said...

And this is one of the ten thousand reasons Sasha and I are enjoying a peaceful evening out here in the sticks!!!!!

Toda La Gente said...

Classic! That has happened to me before. Except it was into the side of my face!

Anonymous said...

very funny ! keep 'em coming :-)

Unknown said...

That was awesome, Brenda !! Love a good barf story first thing in the morning :)

willie bailey said...

hahahahahaha...sorry. Gotta love a shower after that. -WB

Ron Edmondson said...

It's called "sacrificial love" I guess. Thanks for sharing it with so many!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ohhhh you are a better woman than me! I would not have laughed. I would have cried! LOL Hope the rest of your time is... um... dry? LOL