Friday, January 21, 2011

Abraham Project - Phase 2

Phase 2 was my dedicated project all week. Sure, I helped with nails, I smeared spackle, and painted, but I also was blessed to be part of a clean up project in Phase 2. Aldolpho who is the guard for the Abraham Project, his home is at the beginning of Phase 2. His yard was a wreck with years of trash, wood, and weeds. Day one I was given a machete! Oh my are those things sharp! This is the tool they use to cut their grass and weeds, and as I found out later on in the week, to cut down trees!
First, our team dug out all the trash and put it in wheelbarrows and toted it to another dump site. Then we attacked the weeds and the nasty wood pile. Once the lot was cleared, we raked it and prepared it for the new fence.  We dug holes 60 centimeters deep and 9 feet apart. Then we brought up 18 -150 pound concrete posts. We were able to place 5 of these posts this week! Girl power!





No comments: