Thursday, December 30, 2010

Man Plans but God Directs

One of the activities most of us do at this time of year is take down the Christmas decorations, and prepare our homes, and lives for the promise of a new year. In the last days of December, lots of plans are made. This must be the time of year that God just shakes His head and smirks at us. He is the only one that knows what our upcoming year will hold.
Proverbs 16:19 " In his heart man plans his course, but the Lord directs his steps."  New International Version, Holy Bible.
Today, I prepared our 2011 calendar. On certain days of certain months I wrote in important days in our lives, birthdays, anniversaries, trips. These things are planned by us. As I wrote them down, I was increasingly aware of God sighing. (there goes Brenda again, thinking she is in control) I got the hint and spent some time in prayer before continuing. I prayed over each day. I put those days and all the rest of them in HIS hands. I have no control over my days. My family, my job, my friends, our home, our lives, are all a daily gift from God. In turning them over to Him, that means that if one or all of these things don't happen like I plan for them too, I will continue to put my trust in Him that He is in control, He will bring us through whatever this upcoming year will hold.
2010. Each year as I look over the calendar, I wonder at what God has done. I haven't had a year yet where things went as I planned. As I get older, I'm learning to appreciate time more. Time with family and friends, each year many are taken from us, and new loved ones are added. God knows, He knew, He is in control.
If you are reading this, know that I prayed for you specifically today. No, I may not know everyones name that will read this, but I am praying God's blessing to you as you do. Thank you for your friendship to our family. We would not be the same without you in our lives.
As you start a new year, pray through it with us. Knowing that God will walk it with us, the highs and the lows makes it much easier to make it though the day. Happy New Year!

No comments: