Friday, July 9, 2010

Class of 1990 returns! Well, some of us!

WHEW!
We formed a committee over a year ago, set dates to meet, and planned. All that planning will come to fruition tonight, and tomorrow with various activities going on around town.  With Facebook, Ive been able to re-connect with several of my friends, and while it has been wonderful cyber chatting, I'm truly looking forward to face to face time!
So much has happened to all of us in the 20 years since we graduated. I still choke on saying,"20 yrs ago". Where has the time gone? Honestly, I can smile over my years...I've learned so much. I'm the same person, but different: my focus has changed and yet I'm proud to say that I have met several of the personal goals I had for myself by the time this reunion came around.
Between leaving Clarksville for college, getting married, moving to several different areas thanks to the USAF, the gift of two precious boys, and then coming back 'home'.. I've grown a lot- We have grown alot!
I can't wait to compare notes, and meet children and spouses of my groupies from back in the day!
I write all this to say that while I've had varied emotions of excitement, nervousness, and stress with the details..I can't hardly wait!
There have been a few that have come into town this week, that I'm able to get some one on one time with before we are surrounded and so full of chatter that some important details get left out, or conversations get dropped.
So bring it on! Most of us are within a couple years of 40, and some already are..as we step into this next phase of our lives, I'm thrilled to do that with a tremendous group of people!

No comments: