Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Psalm 51:10

Ever been around anyone negative in your life? I feel so sorry for them! I know life is hard, I've experienced all sorts of bumps and bruises and some things that I thought I would never be able to get up from, but I did. I just choose not to focus them. Yes, our past does have an effect on the here and now of our lives, but how much it does is up to you.
I love working outside in the flower beds and in the yard. There is a certain amount of upkeep needed in order to have a beautiful thriving landscape. If you let the maintenance of it go, it will become quite a mess. For instance, now that my irises have bloomed and died off, I needed to go out there and cut them back some. This will make them better plants for next season, and passerby's will be able to see the other foliage I have that is blooming now. In cleaning that bed out early this morning, I discovered some grass and various weeds had started growing behind the iris and monkey grass. I now have more work to do than I thought I did. I could choose to be angry at the weeds and blame them for starting to ruin the bed, or I can ignore the situation and have a lot worse of a mess to deal with in the future. My choice?
I will cut back the iris, and clear out the weeds and grass. This may take several hours but I will do it as that will yield the best results.
Taking care of the weeds in our life is a lot like our gardens and landscaping. If we address each situation, give relationships the maintenance they deserve, they will thrive. The problems, or weeds don't crop up overnight, although sometimes it may seem that way. Address it right away. This will make the problem easier to deal with now than if you let it fester, and the person (like the plant) will grow and be better for it.

No comments: