Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pink Rainboots


Yesterday I was the recipient of a gift. I know! YAY! My best girlfriend, (I promise she held this title before the gift also) suprised me with some pink rainboots. Ohh! I haven't had rainboots since I was a little girl. According to my mother they were a favorite accessory of mine as I loved to splash in the puddles that were consistantly in the streets of London. She told me once, that I got terribly upset over the birds splashing around in the water without their rainboots on. (blush)
Anyway, these boots are under the Liberty collection at Target. They were very affordable and as all you mother's know I admired from afar as I generally don't feel free to spend money on myself. However...she saw me looking at them and put my size in her cart! Sigh.
If she reads this blog dedicated today to her and my boots and well until I think of something more awesome than these boots to dedicate it to, well she won't know how much these boots mean to me. See, I've been looking at rainboots. I do a lot of work in the yard and am continuously washing my garden tennis shoes out because of all the dirt and mud. I've been wanting some badly for several years, so I watch and wait for sales, then when I see they are on sale, they are now unfortunately out of my size. I wear either a 7 or a 8 and those are a popular size! So I just count it as it wasn't my time to buy them and wait another season. So.. my friend.. she made my day!
Thank you my sweet friend! I will wear these boots until they have holes in them! By the way, I showed them to the boys to which they replied, "Yucky! Look at the pink! those have girl flowers on them!"
My thought is: "guess I won't have to worry about any boys putting their stinky feet into my boots!"

No comments: